Pages

Thursday 5 January 2017

Austalia

Australia is surrounded by the indian and the pacific Australia.png
oceans. The capital of Australia is Canberra. The states are New south wales, Queens land, Tasmania, South Australia, Western Australia and Victoria. Koalas are the native animal  to Australia. New Zealand does not have any koalas. Australia has heaps of theme parks and did you know that Australia is the world's 6th largest country by area. My aunty Ruth live in hobart, also my uncle Tieli and my aunty Shannon lives in sydney. Australia has a different accent to us. I would like to go to Australia because I haven’t seen my aunty Ruth since I was 5 years old. My family and I went to watch the All blacks and the Wallaby at Eden park and the All blacks won.
koala.png

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Jahzara and welcome to the Summer Learning Journey programme. I am so excited that you have joined us!

    I love that you have chosen to visit Australia. It's such a great country with lots of interesting animals(including koalas), great theme parks, beautiful oceans and amazing cities. I must admit that I do find the Australian accent quite different to the New Zealand accent. When I first moved to New Zealand seven years ago I stopped off in Australia on the way to Auckland I had trouble understanding what the local Aussies were saying. Their accent was so strong! Fortunately, I have now lived in New Zealand and had the chance to visit Australia a few times so I am getting much better :)

    Speaking of visiting Australia, I hope that you are able to travel to Sydney one day to visit your Uncle Tieli and Aunty Shannon. I am sure that they would love to see you!

    I am also sure that they will be so happy to know that you are going to learn all about Australia as part of the blogging programme. There's so much to know!

    I'm really looking forward to reading your next blog and to learning about Australia as you make your way through the programme.

    Wishing you a wonderful journey :)

    See you online again soon!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Jahzara!

    I'm Mark, a teacher working for the Summer Learning Journey with Rachel! Wow! Signed up then really got into the activities already! I am really impressed!

    Looks like you've chosen Australia as you country!

    I really enjoyed living in Australia for a short time, however I missed New Zealand and came back. One thing I didn't like was how hot it got, one thing I did like was all the different wildlife I saw. One morning I even found a carpet python slithering up my outside staircase!

    I hope you're having a great holiday and Happy New Year!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete