Pages

Thursday 19 January 2017

Day 15 Activity 1 (Art History)

Hey blog viewers! Today is Day 15 of the Summer learning journey. Today's blog post will be about Art history. Let's begin!
C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Swinging by Wassily.jpg



When you walk into the local gallery, the first piece of artwork that you see is a painting by Wassily Kandinsky called ‘Swinging.’ While I am looking at it, a staff member at the gallery comes up to me and asks me for my opinion of the painting. 

I have been asked to answer these questions on what I think about it:  

What do you think of this painting? - 

I think the painting is very cool and interesting

Do you like it? 
- I do like this, but I think that Wassily should put more interest in it not just shapes.

If you could buy it and give it to someone, who would you choose? - 

I would choose my mother. I think she would really like it because she likes paintings and she is very artistic.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jahzara,

    This 'Swinging' painting really is quite interesting, isn't it? It is not like anything that I have ever seen before. Do you think that your mom has ever seen anything like it? It's quite a bold and dynamic print. My grandmother used to have paintings like this in her house. She had quite adventurous taste in artwork and liked bold, bright prints. She used to wear clothing that was also very bold and bright. I wish that I was more brave, like her! I tend to wear clothing and to choose artwork that is quite simple. In fact, my favourite artwork is black and white photography. I love the dramatic contrast that exists between the black and the white...

    Do you like photography? Do you ever take pictures of your friends or family? I take pictures of Aronui all the time. I think that he gets a little bit embarrassed when I ask him to pose for, yet another, picture!

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep really interesting but hard to understand. I think that my mum has not seen any thing like that, yes I really like photography and I always take pictures of your friends or family, do you like photography? and do you ever take pictures of your friends or family?

    Jahzara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jahzara,

      Yes, I love to take pictures of my family and friends. I have recently started printing my pictures and putting them into frames so that I can hang them up around the house. I have also started making photo albums so that we have copies of our pictures around for family and friends to look at. It's nice to have hard copy versions of the pictures. Before that they were all on my phone and I didn't look at them very often!

      Thanks for the message, Jahzara. I love hearing from you!

      Cheers,
      Rachel :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Jahzara!

    That is some excellent commenting about this painting. Did you know the last Kandinsky painting was sold for over $30 million NZD? That is loads of money.

    If you had $30 million, what would you do with it?

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mark

    no I did not know that the last Kandinsky painting was sold for over $30 million NZD and yes that is a lot of money. I would give some to the poor but still save some for my family because 7 people in the house that means to much work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so nice! That is excellent. Keep up the fantastic work.

      Mark

      Delete