Pages

Wednesday 23 January 2019

Week 4, Day 1: Preserving the past

Week 4: Protect and preserve
Day 1: Preserving the past
Activity 1: World of Wearable (Wow) Art
The idea of reusing materials was taken to a whole new level by a woman named Dame
Suzie Moncrieff who, thirty years ago, created an event in New Zealand called theWorld
of Wearable Art(WOW). WOW takes place in Wellington (and in other cities) every year.
Artists from around the world create outfits made entirely from recycled materials.
Let’s imagine that you were invited to this year’s WOW awards and you were able to
interview the creator. On your blog, list five interview questions that you would like to
ask Dame Suzie Moncrieff.
Kia ora Dame Suzie Moncrieff,
I would like to ask a few question about you and your life.  Here they are!

#1:What’s it like being famous? I’ve never met anyone famous before. Well, I think of my
family as famous, but in my own way. I bet it could be a bit stressful and a little annoying.

#2: Do you sell your creations? I would definitely sell my creations, especially if someone really likes or enjoys it, wouldn’t you think? I would probably have to test it our first just in cause they might want a refund.

 #3: Do you sell the creations you really like? Let say for instance if you really like a piece of clothing you made would you sell it or, keep it for yourself? I’m not to sure on what I would do, although I do have lots of clothes myself.

 #4: When did you first start making outfits? Were you looking at making outfits when you were young or when you got a little older? I love to draw and I have been thinking of trying to make my own outfits.

#5: Why did you decide to put your mind on designing your own outfits? If you don’t know
what I mean, here’s what i’m trying to say. So why did you commit and put your mind on
designing your own outfits? You probably just loved and enjoyed doing it right?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jahzara, I am Jess and I am from the west coast of the south island. I am doing the summer learning journey as well but I have finished all my tasks. I like your 5 questions that you would ask Dame Suzie Moncrieff my favourite is the forth one. I like how you added a photo to your post. come look at my blog here:
    http://kumarastevensonj.blogspot.com/
    Keep it up
    From Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Jess,

      Nice to hear from you. Its interesting that you live in the west coast of the south island. Good to hear that you have finished all your summer learning activities. I have visited your blog and you have done an amazing job!

      Thanks for the comment,
      Jahzara

      Delete
  2. Hey there Jahzara!

    Great blog posts once again!

    I enjoy all of the questions you put together to ask Suzie Moncrieff. I asked similar questions but not the same. I liked how you also gave a explanation or example of what your question is.

    Your doing a amazing job at the Summer Learning Journey program. You should join once again when it starts back up! Keep up the great work you have put into another posts.

    Your Friend ,
    Leilani :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Leilani,

      Thanks again for the lovely comment.

      I'm glad that you have enjoyed this blog post for today. I hope that you are having an amazing holiday so far. What have you done so far? When the summer learning journey starts back again, I will definitely be joining. Will you? I hope you do.

      Thanks for the comment,
      Jahzara

      Delete
  3. Afternoon Jahzara,

    Amazing and Interesting Post, You have made!

    You have done such an excellent job and I would like to congratulate you for that. Your work is totally outstanding so keep up the great work Jahzara. I loved reading the questions you would like to ask Dame Suzie Moncrieff, they are awesome. Your questions are excellent and I can't wait for more.

    I really hope you and some others get to finish the programme and that you try your absolute best, Overall great post Jahzara.

    What are some other questions you could ask her?

    Kind Regards,
    Hinerangi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Afternoon Hinerangi,

      Thanks!

      Thank you for congratulating me on my work I have done. You are also outstanding and you are amazing at blogging. I know you have finished all you activities and I would like to congratulate you for that. You have done an amazing job from Week 1-Week 4.

      This is a random question but what do you think she'll say? What is Dame Suzie Moncrieff favorite food? Tell me what you think!

      Jahzara

      Delete