Pages

Thursday 24 January 2019

Funa and Flora International (FFI)

Day 2: Protecting our own
Activity 3: House is Not a Home
New Zealand is home to some unique wildlife that cannot be found anywhere else in the world.
While we work very hard to protect our natural habitats so, too, do people living and working in
other countries. One of the oldest international wildlife conservation organisations is called
Fauna & Flora International’ (FFI). They support a number of projects around the world,
including those working to protect Lansan trees in the Caribbean, fruit forests in Tajikistan, and
national reserves in Mozambique. Read about each of these projects and choose the one that
interests you the most.
On your blog, tell us which project you find most interesting and why..

Well, for me I found The fruit forests in Tajikistan the most interesting. The reason why is because #1: We
need out fruit. Our fruit is apart of lifetime foods. We need to have at least 5 fruits and veggies daily.
Another reason why is because #2: fruits are one of my favorite things to eat. Fruits are sweet, sour and
just fantastic. Without fruit I would probably have no taste in other things. My last reason why I thought
this was the most interesting project is because, #3: when I read this project I realized, what FFI is trying
to solve is the threats in the ecosystem which kill plants including wild fruit, walnuts and other important
nuts or fruits. Not just any important nuts and fruits, but fruits and nut that are very hard to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment