Pages

Friday 25 January 2019

The power of ten

Day 2: Protecting our own
Activity 3: The Power of Ten
On your blog, list 10 species (animals or plants) that you would protect from extinction.
For each one, give a reason as to why you think it is important to protect.


#1: Kakapo (I have heard that the kakapo is almost extinct. They are native to NZ and so
why would I like it to be extincted.)


#2: Sea turtles (Sea turtles are much endanger. Their favorite food to eat is jelly fish and
because people are littering, they are eating plastic bags instead.)


#3: Dolphins (Dolphins are one of my favorite sea species. They are engaged as they will
almost become extincted too.)  


#4: Elephants (Lots of people like this animal and it’ll be sad for them to be extinct. I
personally like this animal as it is very interest!)


#5: Leopards (Leopards have been pushed into a snowbank to live on, because humans
have second thought them. It’s not fair that they have to move because  of our thoughts.)


#6: Pohutukawa tree (Pohutukawa trees are also native to NZ. They are one of my favorite
tree’s and are one of the most beautiful est I've seen too!)


#7: Darwin's fox (This is a beautiful animal, it lives in forest and is also engenders. I do
like this animal as it is a beautiful color and with amazing abilities)


#8: Butterflies (Butterflies are very beautiful and are in most danger. They are going to be
extincted and it will be a bummer if this really happens.)


#9: Venus fly traps (when I looked through a a website, I saw that this plant was almost
going to be extincted. I very much do like this plant as I thought it was quite interesting)


#10: Baseball plant. ( A baseball plant is one of the most unique plants i’ve seen. They
are very interesting and are almost extinct. Our world need to show much more respect
to our wildlife animals and plants!)

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jahzara,
    What a gigantic and descriptive list! I can't believe you've really written a whole list of cool animals and species and given a reason. A big pat on the back for you!

    My favourite from your list is the elephant, because I feel like I've connected with them, and loved them for a long time. They are vulnerable, which means their numbers are slowly decreasing. Also the dolphin is a great choice, and they are also one of my favourite animals.

    What is your least favourite animal? (If you have one...)

    Happy Blogging
    Gargee HPS
    hpsgargeej.blogspot.co.nz
    (Work fast, at 12 midnight the SLJ ends!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talofa Gargee,

    Thank you so much for the lovely descriptive comment you have left on my blog.

    I kind of feel connected with the elephants to, when i'm doing art the first thing that comes to mid is a big intelligent elephant. Its sad to say that the number of elephants are slowly decreasing. I really do hope that the elephant are not one of the animal's become extincted don't you think? Such for the dolphins, I hope those don't become extincted either. I've never see a Dolphin before. Have you? Anyway's, I did have this one chance of seeing dolphins while on a boat. I was on a boat on my way to Kawau island with the whole of year 6. I was camping there for the week. I was a camp leader and I had so much fun! Kawau island is an amazing island as you can do lots. Like jumping off the warf (if high tide), swimming to the pontoon, then jumping off, hiking up killer hill and playing spotlight in the pitch dark night.

    I don't really have a least favorite as I like them all. Do you have one?

    Thanks,
    Jahzara

    ReplyDelete