Pages

Thursday 20 December 2018

Day 2: Forestlife

Day 2: Forest life 
Activity 1: Giants among us
On your blog, tell us whether you would like to go and visit Tāne Mahuta one day. Be sure to tell us why you do (or do not) want to visit this endemic tree.

Maybe one day I would like to visit Tāne Mahuta because I love nature. I would also love to go visit Tāne Mahuta because I would like to learn more about my culture and some Maori myths! One of my friend said she can communicate with mother nature. Maybe if I do visit Tāne Mahuta I would take her along with me. She would be very excited to do that. Some facts I found about Tāne Mahuta, is that Tāne Mahuta is one of the most famous trees in New Zealand, along with Te Matua Ngahere. Tāne Mahuta's name come from the Maori language and means the god of forest and birds.




Stay tuned for more holiday blogging!

And feel free to leave a positive comment down below!

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora & Namaste Jahzara,
    Me again! 🤦‍♀️
    It's really cool that you want to visit Tāne Mahuta! I totally think you should take your friend with you as it would be great to have someone to explore and communicate with nature in such a powerful place. I used to live up North so I had the privilege to visit this forest couple times and I can tell you that in there I felt very connected to nature and quite inspired by the majestic size of Tāne Mahuta. Do you know that the tree height is 45.2 meters? That is pretty tall right?!! I am wondering if anybody has climb it yet, what do you reckon?
    Keep up with the great work!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Patricia,

    Don't worry, I like comments :)

    Wow, actually I did not know that Tane Mahuta is 45.2 meters. I mean could you imagine just looking up at the tree and imagining yourself stuck up there? I would be super terrified. Well, I'm not to sure, but if anyone has not climbed up Tane Mahuta would you want to be the first? I would, kind of, like to be the first. 1: because it seems fun and 2: because I like to try new things.

    Cheers,
    Jahzara

    ReplyDelete