Pages

Monday 31 December 2018

Day 5: Over-fishing!

Day 5: Wasting away
Activity 1: Off the menu
What do you think about this rule? Is it fair that people are charged up to $100 000 for over-fishing?
On your blog, tell us what you think about this rule and why you think it!.

I don’t think that being charged for over-fishing is very necessary, but also I think it is necessary.

I think it isn’t necessary for being charged for over-fishing is because some families need lots of food to make sure they feed their whole families. Some families don’t have enough money to pay if they are being charged. I personally think that the price of money to pay is a ridiculous amount of money to be payed. I have no idea why it is so much money, but I want to say that the amount of money people need to pay for crimes they have done are a lot of money. If it is a very bad crime then it should be raised but if it was something small then it should be a less amount of money.

I think it is necessary for being charged for over-fishing because some people absolutely know that you are not supposed to go over the fishing limit. Some people just do it because they want to, some also try to get away with being over the limit but, gets caught anyways. You might be in a area that has signs up saying the amount of fish you are allowed to catch. I think that all fishing grounds should have a sign saying the amount of fish you are allowed to catch because I think it will help people to do the right thing and people are not over-fishing.File:Fish and Wildlife Service worker on boat checking gill net full of fish.jpg


2 comments:

  1. Hey again Jahzara, thanks for sharing your thoughts on whether or not a fine of up to $100,000 is fair for people who are caught over fishing. I think that it's a lot of money but hopefully that means it will deter people from over fishing and taking much more fish than they need. If lots of people and business continue to over fish then eventually our seas will be lifeless. I'd hate to go to the local fish and chip shop and not be able to order fish!

    Do you enjoy eating fish? If not, what would you usually get from a fish and chip shop?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Billy,

      Thanks for the comment, I know that people get caught over fishing and I don't think that's good. That's why I have put my reasons on why I think it isn't fair. Like I said people know that they are over fishing and just hope that they don't get caught. Like you said, if lots of people and business continue to over fish then eventually our seas will be lifeless. Do you think that it's more people over fishing or more businesses over fishing?

      Sometimes I like to eat fish sometimes I don't. It only really depends if i'm in the mood. I usually like to order fried chips, and sometimes fried fish. How about you?

      Delete