Pages

Monday 15 June 2020

Stand up! ~ Literacy work - Reading: Room 4

Walt: Combine and condense ideas and information from a range of texts to form and synthesizes a new idea.


Task Description:

In this presentation we had the opportunity to talk about New Zealand's protesting over the past 150 years. We read a story called 'Stand up.' It talked about the different protests that happened over time in New Zealand and why. We mainly focused on 'The Parihaka Protest" & 'The Women's Suffrage Protest.' We talked about what the cause of the protesting were and answered in our own words in the following slides. We looked closely at why it was important to protest. We were also given the task to  do some more research on one of the other protests in the story.

I'm actually proud of myself with this task because, I don't take much time to read the story properly and I don't take time to understand what the story is telling me. Today was different as I took my time and processed what the story is about. I was able to understand what it was telling me and I very much enjoyed learning about something new!

Enjoy :))

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jahzara,

    I love the movement that you read about - can you imagine walking the length of the entire north island!? I think it would take me longer than 20 days! You did really well with this task, I definitely can see that you understood the book well today.

    ReplyDelete