Pages

Tuesday 6 November 2018

Sponge throw!

Walt: Create a successful recount

Water, what is water? Well, in my perspective water is life, fun, wet, cold and more. But what is water to you when you get to throw it at your teacher!?

This morning it was a bit more fun than usual. We started our morning off with getting ready for an
extreme fun time! Before we started our extreme fun time, Mr Goodwin gave us a little speech.
Part of it went like this, “you (as in all the team 4 classes) are going to be having a great time,
but your teachers not so much. This morning I saw teachers with a bag of spare clothes and a towel so
I had an Idea what we're going to do. We lined up outside, and walked in a squiggly line to the bottom
field and with a loud voice we received our instructions from Mr Somerville and Mr Jacobson.

Mr Somerville and Mr Jacobson had a bright orange vest on, as in they were going to do some road
works. Mr Somerville started us off with a big, good morning team, we all replied with echoing voices all
around the place. In that time our teachers were taking off jumpers, shoes and replacing them with
flippers floaties and goggles. In front of the classes were all together 9 colorful buckets filled up with
water and sponges and in front of the bucket were three chairs. We got into our literacy classes and
made three lines in front of the three buckets. I knew for sure what we were going to be doing, we were
going to chuck the wet sponges at our teachers. No wonder why our teachers were a bit stroppy this
morning.

Time to launch! The first set of people walked up to the buckets grabbed there sponges and released as
Mr Somerville yelled “ready, aim fire!” I was way at the back and so I had to wait a pretty long time for
my turn. There was a lot of noise and some pretty good shots too. About 5 minutes went past and it was
finally my turn. My first trow wasn’t so good as I hit Mr Goodwin on the leg, after my throw I went to
pick up my sponge and as I walked past Mr Goodwin I squeezed the rest of the cold water onto his
head. As flying wet sponges went through the air all three of our teachers were shivering by the first
throw.

Mr Goodwin was soaking by the time his whole class had hit him with the cold wet sponges. Half way
though Mr Somerville had called “whoever can get there teacher the most wet, will get to pour the
remaining cold water onto their teacher”. As soon as I herd Mr Somerville call whoever gets there
teacher the most wet, will get to pour the remaining cold water onto their teacher I started aiming for
Mr Goodwin's face. Poor teachers must have been having a hard time.  I was lucky to not miss
any of my shots, but there were a couple of shots that could have heart Mr Goodwin a lot. Our time
was over and Mr Somerville had chose from our three classes who got to pore the reaming water on
our teachers head, Chance, Pascal and Loseti, Chance poured it straight on top of his head Pascal
miss completely and Loseti poured it all over his head too.


This was such a fun time to have a play along with my friends and teachers. I hope we get to do this
another time, although our teachers would probably say no. Overall I had an amazing time getting my
teacher wet!

Task Description:
In this piece of writing we had to create a recount. This was actually a piece of writing for a test. We waited about a week to post this on our blogs. We didn't want to waste such a good piece of writing and so we decided to post it on our blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment