Pages

Thursday 26 March 2020

Day Three of no school | Enjoying your day ? |

So today was the 3rd day of no school! At 11:59 New Zealand went into Covid-19 level 4. It's pretty scary knowing the whole of New Zealand are going into Level 4 and are isolating themselves for 4 weeks. I hope you're all doing well :)
_________________________________________________________________________________
Well anyways, distance learning has been pretty cool for the last couple of days. It's going really well. I find that people seem to sleep in when its time to call their literacy teachers but I also find that normal. I hope the teachers are finding distance teaching easy. Hopefully :)

To kick off our distance learning we started with literacy. It was fun! Miss Tapuke asked her students if they wanted to share their learning and knowledge. Marika started us off. The text they read was called East German Childhood. Half the time I didn't really know what they were talking about since I hadn't read their text but Marika gave us lots of information. Miss Tapuke then asked Campion (our reading group) & Waititi (Another reading group) some questions about our text. We answered them and Miss Tapuke sent us off to finish our work.

I'm still behind on some work but I'm trying to finish that off. I worked on my create tasks as time went by. Then it was time to watch PENN. And yes I watched a video off Archives. Me and my sister decided to watch some Fiafia items from 2018. It brought back a lot of memories. Me and my sister, like always went outside and played on the trampoline. Keeping fit :) We had some fruit and came back inside to carry on with work.

Once we came back inside I decided to watch the video Mrs Stone had put on the new presentation she had put up for us. We're still on the topic, Ratios! It's a lot of fun :) I completed the slides then switched back to literacy as I waited for time to pass by. Waiting to call Mrs Stone. Like yesterday, our call started at 1:00pm. I joined the maths call a few minutes before we were suppose to join but half the class had already joined! They were playing Kahoot. After they finished, Mrs Stone removed the people off the call and talked to the other half of the class that joined at 1:00pm.

Mrs Stone explained why we split into 2 groups. We all agreed that having 25 people on one call is very hard to deal with and so we split into 2 groups. Having around 13 people on the call for each session. This time the call was so much better. It wasn't so tragic like the last couple of times :) The other group played kahoot too! It was lots of fun :) We finished our Ratio Kahoot and I came 5th place, not bad. Having some time left we decided to have a fun kahoot game. We did superheros! Believe it or not, I came 2nd! Then we got sent off the call and carried on with our work while I listened to some relaxing music :)

I had a lot of fun today. I reckon I worked really hard. Even though I haven't quite finished my literacy work, I'm almost there!


Make sure to be safe & keep your distance.

Maybe get to know yourself better now that you'll have time :)

God loves you xo
_________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment