Pages

Friday 27 March 2020

Day four of no school | It's Time For The Holidays! |

Today was the fourth and last day of no school. Well, not so much 'no school.' For the past few days we've been doing distance learning online. We were lucky enough to be able to face time our teachers and talk through some of the things we need work on. We even got to play some cool and fun games!

This morning was a bit different. We got to face time all of the teachers from team 5 and majority of the team 5 block. We had the opportunity to say the karakia as a team and even got someone to say our school mihi. After that we sang a waiata. Mrs Moala then explained what we were scheduled to do today. First we had home class!

We worked on Te Whare Tapa Wha. I found it really cool. We even had the chance to face time Whaea Kelly. It was nice getting to see Whaea Kelly and catching up with her. Well, time went by and I had to do a couple things at home. I missed out on our literacy call but I made it back in time for the Assembly live stream. Mr Somerville put together a live stream for parents and students at home to watch. It was like any other assembly except the fact we weren't at school. We said the school karakia and even sang the national anthem. The teachers even did duffy certificates. We did lunch box heros like always and Mr Burt even had a korero for us. Once we accomplished all of that we sang a closing waiata, then the live stream ended. I carried on with my home class work then had a little break outside. I was playing with my little sisters Gene and Faith.

Time passed and it was time to call Mrs Stone. We planned to face time like we did yesterday. Half the class join at 12:30pm and the other half at 1:00pm. As it is the last day of schooling at home, Mrs Stone decided to do something fun with us. We were able to play a couple of kahoot games. It was a lot on fun. For the first game we played a movie quiz. I absolutely love movies!! Especially Disney movies. Lucky me huh :) The quiz was really fun. It made it even better that we got to play as a class. We got to choose a name to join the quiz. My name was Luna. It's short for a flower I really like, Lunaria. Well, we finished the quiz and guess what? I came first! Looks like all my movie watching payed off :)

The second game we played on kahoot was about music from 2019, last year. I changed my name to Blossom, another flower I really like. For the first few questions that got asked, I was coming in the top 5. But as more questions got asked I started to lose points. Don't get me wrong, I love music as well as movies but I think the questions were a bit too hard for me. Half way through the quiz, I started gaining more points and made my way back up onto the leader board. But then I got overtaken by Toby! It was a close game but, coming to the end of the game I regained my points and came in 3rd place! It was a lot of fun.


It was coming to the end of the day and so I decided to write about a few things I've done today. I maybe have even asked a friend to pick a number for the bingo sheet I have. You'll just have to wait and see :)
_______________________________________________________________________________

Well, hello blog viewers again. As you may know It's the last day of distance learning. I just wanted to write a quick thank you to all the teachers that have given up their time to teach us students. Teaching us a whole bunch of new things, at school and at home. Term one has been such a cool and bumpy term! I had a lot of fun with my teachers, friends and family. I really appreciate the things our teachers sacrifice for us. God bless, and have a fantasting holiday!

Ofa lahi atu <3

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jahzara,

    Im so glad you had a good day! I really like your approach to lockdown and to see that you are making the most of each day. I think this is a fantastic opportunity to learn new things - I'm practicing my painting and trying to learn some more reo and spanish while I'm not doing teaching things. What could you do in the holiday? There is always the easter learning journey if you would like to do more blogging.

    Mrs Stone

    ReplyDelete